Friday, May 6, 2011

Project 4 (week 14)


This is the final version of the poster design for the Drawing 3 Exhibition that I am a part of. I am very excited about this piece. I had a lot of fun and trouble creating this piece. I new what I wanted to do but had a hard time getting it to work. The main issue was when I saved this file in photoshop as a jpeg. When I opened the saved jpeg file in the "preview" program, I could see the color blotches that I used as an overlay on the text and paint graphics. I wanted the background to be solid black so I had to save as a pdf, then a jpeg in "preview," and edit the colors so that the black was visually solid. I still have to test print the posters to check the quality. I may have to flatten my layers, make the graphics clear, and place the color splotches under the black layer, to get what I want. i am hoping that the versions that I created will work out well. I also plan to use these posters in the critique on Tuesday so I can accurately meet the classes needs, as if they were a client. I like to have this kind of professional mind-set when I am creating work that represents people other than myself. I orriginally wanted to do an other large charcole photorealism because I have enjoyed doing so on the first two projects. Please post any feedback on these poster and they will be considered carefully.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's perfect. I feel like it reflects our "colorful" and unique class well. We're all so different and we can never compromise. hehe I also really enjoy how you are presenting it to the class as if they are your client. That's very smart to do - practice makes perfect. Thanks for designing this for us!

    ReplyDelete