Friday, May 6, 2011

Exhibiton Prep. (Week 13)


I am assigned to do the poster for our Drawing 3 Exhibition, in which I will be show my "A Walk to Remember", piece that I did for Project 2: Protesting. For the posters, I decided to do two versions for printing purposes. Black is the background color for the main version (see next post), which drives up the ink costs for the APPA print lad, so I created a more printed friendly version. This version uses a photo of a sidewalk tile as the background. The white paint marks are custom made and will have an "overlay" of color for the final version. I hope we use the final version in the glass case near the galley, and postings of both version used in the hallways. The two figures in the center are stylized sketches the have a lot of details up close. I drew the figures and the tilte using a spray paint brush. I used custom, edited, and downloaded brushes for the paint graphics. I use some unusual font that I found on line that reminds me of Space BT. I used that for the details on the show at the bottom as well. I made the text large so they are easy to read, but I don't know if the need an added effect so that they are not so crisp, or some size variation. I am going to email both versions to the professor for feed back, but I am hoping to use them how they are because of complications with pre-media file structure.

1 comment:

  1. The design is great Brian - it reminds me a lot of printmaking... I'm wondering if you have ever tried printmaking? I feel as if you would be really good at it because of your craft and your design abilities. It looks great. I like the one with color more.

    ReplyDelete