Friday, May 14, 2010

Life Drawing Final Reflection

I improved in the second half of the semester in a few subtle, yet valuable ways. First, I rely less on my comfort zone of sketchy and shaded lines when drawing. Now I can use more defined lines with a variety of weights to show form, using contour, cross contour, and structure lines. In fact, I greatly reduced the amount of shading used in my recent drawing in order to rely on more purposeful and higher quality lines to create dimensional planes and focus on proportions. This was especially difficult yet important when working on the shell drawings, because of the large amount of detail and linear structures on the surface of the shell. Also, having completed the muscle assignment I now feel like I know enough about the body structure to create more accurate proportions when drawing the human form.

My new ability to draw the human body more accurately and realistically, has inspired my to use the human form more often in my work. Now, I am more comfortable drawing the human form, as well as drawing from life. I’m glad that I will be able to incorporate life drawings in my work when using both traditional and digital media. I have always enjoyed drawing portraits and hands because they are well know as some of the hardest subjects to draw. I knew that they entire body would be even more of a challenge and never attempted to draw the body in a serious manner. After taking this course I feel like I have met that challenge successfully and I will continue to try and develop the skills I acquired in this class that help me reach these goals.

Here is a link to my sets on my flicker page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianwrosenberg/sets/


No comments:

Post a Comment