Monday, February 22, 2010

Spine and Ribs 30 Min


I started with the egg shape of the ribs. I had to draw the bottom of the egg to correctly show this foreshortened view of the model. I then marked a few contour lines to keep my drawing in porportion. I used cross-contour to give volume to the body of the figure. I also used the cross-contour lines to show the outline of the model. I drew very lightly so you can not see all the detail of the drawing in this photo. There are a lot of cross-contour lines that enhance the planar structure of the drawing. Some of these lines even represent areas of the body that are not visible in real life from this view. These qualities give a 3D effect to the drawing. The point of view I had of the model made this drawing very challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment